Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 9:05pm.
Oasis B is a distance d = 8.0 km east of oasis A, along the x axis shown in the figure. A confused camel, intending to walk directly from A to B instead walks a distance W1 = 21 km west of due south by angle θ1 = 15.0°. It then walks a distance W2 = 30 km due north. If it is to then walk directly to B, (a) how far (in km) and (b) in what direction should it walk (relative to the positive direction of the x axis within the range (-180°, 180°])?
physical - Henry, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 9:04pm
d = 21km@255o + 30km@90o + 8km@0o.
X = hor. = 21*cos255 + 8 = 2.56 km.
Y = Ver. = 21*sin255 + 30*sin90=9.72 km.
a. d^2=X^2 + Y^2=(2.56)^2 + (9.72)^2=101
d = 10.1 km.
tanA = Y/X = 9.72/2.56 = 3.79688
A = 75.2o,CCW = 75.2o North of East = The Direction.
physical - Anonymous, Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 4:25am
physical - bob, Friday, January 29, 2016 at 10:39pm
this one up top is the wrong way of doing this problem
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Oasis B is a distance d = 7.0 km east of oasis A, along the x axis ...
- physics - Oasis B is a distance d = 9 km east of oasis A, along the x axis shown...
- physics - Oasis B is 8.0 km due east of oasis A. Starting from oasis A, a camel ...
- maths - Starting from one oasis, a camel walks 25km in a direction 30 degrees ...
- socials - what makes an oasis an oasis?
- Physics - A person walks 3.0847x10^1 m East, then turns around and walks 8....
- physics - A camel sets out to cross the desert, which is 49.8 km wide in the ...
- Physics - A camel sets out to cross the desert, which is 42.7 km wide in the ...
- heeeeeelp maths - An ant is walking along the cartesian plane. It starts at the ...
- Physics - A person walks 8.4522x10^1 m East, then turns around and walks 7....