Posted by Bill on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 3:32pm.
How do you solve this equation;
There are 128 7th graders at Mark's school, if there are 16 more girls than boys, how many 7th grade boys are there?
Math - JIll, Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 4:24pm
first you subtract 16 from the number of all students , then divide that number by two and you will get your answer .
Math - Shelby, Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 10:08pm
128= number of total students.
X= the number of boys
so, 16+X because there are 16 more girls than boys...
so subract 16 from 128 which equals 112
so the number of boys is 112 and the number of girls is 112+16
Math - Amber, Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 2:16am
Subtract 16 from the number of all students. 128 - 16 = 112. Divide 112 by 2 = 56. There are 56 BOYS and 56 + 16 = 72 GIRLS
Math - Sandy, Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 12:40am
Let boys=x and girls=x+16:-
boys + girls =218
x + (x+16 =218
2x + 16 =218
x = (218-16)/2
Hence boys =101 and girls =101+16
Hope this helps
Math - Joshua Robinson, Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 1:31am
In a survey, three out of seven people named blue as their favorite color. One out of six named red. If 1,092 people were included in the survey, how many named neither blue nor red as their favorite color (can any one help me
A. 650 people
B. 468 people
C. 442 people
D. 806 people
Math - The difference between three-fourths and three-fifths of a number is 9. Determine the number?, Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:18pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Nicole drew a circle on the chalkboard that had a radius of 15 cm. Which ...
- Math - At one afterschool event, of the students were 8th graders and the rest ...
- 7th grade math - There are 48 students in a school play. The ratio of boys to ...
- algebra - There are 384 seventh graders at MArk's school. If there are 48 more ...
- Marh - If 1/3 of the math team are 7th graders and 1/4 of the math team are boys...
- Math - There are twice as many girls as boys in the 4th grade classes at Joe's ...
- Math - For every girl taking classes at the martial arts school, there are 3 ...
- Math (7th grade) - I have a math question that I do not really understand how to...
- math - 8) A high school graduating class is made up of 445 students. There are ...
- Math - There are 1170 students in a school. The ration of girls to boys is 23 : ...