Posted by Josie on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 12:25pm.
The total amount of water in 2 containers is 35quarts. If 7 quarts gets poured from the container with less water into the continer with more water, the container with more water will have 4times as much water as the other container. How many quarts are in the container with less water?
Algebra - Reiny, Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:42pm
container with less water = x quarts
container with more water = y quarts
x + y = 35 or y = 35-x
container with less water = x-7
container with more water = y +7
y+7 = 4(x-7)
35-x + 7 = 4x - 28
-5x = -70
x = 14
the container with less water had 14 quarts
smaller --- 14
larger ----- 35-14 = 21
smaller -- 7
larger -- 28
Is 28 4 times as much as 7 ?? , YES
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 6 Help!!! - Danny poured 78 liters of water into containers X, Y, and Z. ...
- Chemistry. can jus anyone giv me ther opinion. - Eva has two containers labeled ...
- Mathematics - 15 liters of water is poured from container A to Container B and ...
- physics - i'm in 5th grade and i really need some help. in science, we got this ...
- heith - Shirley has two containers of water for a camping trip. One container ...
- Math - A container holds 5 quarts when filled now it contains 3 3/4 quarts of ...
- ratios - danny poured 78 liters of water into containers X,Y & Z. the ratio of ...
- math - a cubic container was completely filled with water. when 3/4 of the water...
- Algebra - Container A and container B have leaks. Container A has 800 ml of ...
- Gr.12 Chem - PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER - Hi, Im learning about polymers. I did a ...