Posted by Cicily on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 12:28pm.
Question as follows:
75.0g tartaric acid in 1 Liter is what molarity(moles/liter) mw=150.087 g/mol
25 ml tartaric solution is titrated with 31 ml ammonium.
What is the equation rearanged for normality of ammonium: starting with N1V1=N2V2
Final Answer N2=
THANKS! I can't wrap my head around this!
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, October 12, 2012 at 4:37pm
M = mols/L and mols = g/molar mass.
Therefore, mols H2T(tartaric acid) = 75.0/150.087 = ?
and M = mols/L.
Nomality of H2T = 2*M
Then 25*N H2T = 31*N NH3. Solve for N NH3.
By the way I assume this is ammonia, the ammonium ion doesn't exist by itself.
Chemistry - Cicily, Friday, October 12, 2012 at 6:40pm
Thank you DrBob222!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry 101 - 25 ml tartaric solution is tritrated with 31 ml ammonium ...
- Chemistry 101 - 75.0 G tartaric acid in 1 liter is what Molarity (moles/liter)? ...
- chem 101 - 75.0 G tartaric acid in 1 liter is what molarity (moles/liter) mw= ...
- chemistry - I thought about the syntax of the problem and I have surmised that ...
- Chemistry - Tartaric acid has two acidic (ionizable) hydrogens. The acid is ...
- please help meDr.Bob - I would appreciate very much If you guys could show me ...
- orgolab - plz help! don't understand problem at all. The solubility profile of ...
- chemistry - 25mL of tartaric acid solution is titrated against 31mL of NH4OH. ...
- Chemistry - I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!! I need to write out the equation for the ...
- chemistry - I left out part of my question. This may make better sense. But I'm ...