Posted by Jerald on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:17pm.
Ramundus is making a xylophone. So far, he has bars that are 1 3/4 feet 1 7/12 feet and 1 2/3 feet long. What is the length of the longest bar
Alana practiced dancing for 11/4 hours on Monday 19/8 hours on Wednesday and 2 3/5 hours on Friday. On which day did she practice on the closest to 2 hours? Explain your reasoning/
Im not sure for this one
- Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:36pm
11/4 = 2 3/4 = 2 30/40
19/8 = 2 3/8 = 2 15/40
2 3/5 = 2 24/40
- Math - Jerald, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:39pm
For 2 3/5 how did you get the answer 2 24/40 since it already has the whole number on 2 3/5. Do you put the whole number when you divide?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:41pm
Yes. I changed 3/5 to 24/40 so the fractions would have a common denominator.
- Math - Jerald, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:42pm
So is the answer 11/4
- Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:45pm
No. Please reread the question.
- Math - Jerald, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:46pm
How can I find out which fraction is the closest to 2 hours?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:56pm
All of those numbers are over two hours. Which has the smallest fraction?
- Math - Jerald, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9:00pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9:13pm
Answer this Question
- math - he dimensions of Liz's desk are 3.2 feet wide and 4.6 feet long. Match ...
- Math - your yard is 72 square feet and twice as long as it is wide.Fencing is ...
- math - A 120-foot long rope is cut into 3 pieces. the first rope is twice as ...
- Geometry - In baseball, the length of the path between each pair of consecutive...
- math - Moulding comes in four different lengths. Jesse needs to cut four pieces ...
- physics - You are standing 7 feet from one speaker and 13 feet from another. ...
- math - mrs.Ayer is painting the outside of her son's toy box =, including the ...
- Algebra - You are making a scale drawing of a sailboat using the scale 1 inch: 3...
- Geometry - A triangle is enlarged by a factor of 3. The perimeter of the new ...
- math - The shadow of a 5-foot tall post is 10 feet long. At the same time a tree...