Posted by Sally on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 4:38pm.
If there is 1/6 of a cake and Mitchell only wants 3/12 of it, how much of the cake does he want
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 4:39pm
(1/6) * (3/12) = 3/72 = 1/24
math - Sally, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:02pm
I am not sure why you multiplied. Can you explain that. Thank you
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:08pm
The word "of" means multiply.
Please give me a quarter of a dollar.
1/4 * 1 = 1/4
He read half of the 300 pages.
1/2 * 300 = 300/2 = 150
math - Sally, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:19pm
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 6:03pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math!! - If there is 1/6 of a cake and Mitchell only wants 3/12 of it, how much ...
- math - A peice of durian cake costs $4.80.A 3 peice of yam cake cost - times as ...
- Math - Tim ate some chocolate cake for an afternoon snack He left 3/4 of the ...
- Math - Eight students. 3/4 of a cake. How much cake will each student get if ...
- Physics - A small boy is flipping a piece of cake across the lunch room at ...
- Math - carmela cut a cake into 12 equal-sized pieces. She ate 2/12 of the cake ...
- Math Pre-Algebra - Maria has baked a cake for Cathy's birthday. The dimensions ...
- liberal arts - mary and tom jointly buy the vanilla-chocolate cake for $20. ...
- Maths word problem help!! - a pan of cake was left out on the counter ana 1/4 of...
- Math - A bakery offers a small circular cake with a diameter of 8 inches. It ...