Posted by Jerald on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:04pm.
Read each sentence then underline the helping verbs and circle the main verbs
1.Books do furnish a room
2.I am walking to school these days
3.The water line must have burst.
helping:must have main:burst
4. I have told him not to call again
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:06pm
All are correct except for 4.
The main verb is told.
- English - Jerald, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:09pm
5.Reminders were sent out last week
6.Jolene will be decorating the gym for the costume contest
7.Clarence should have started his research earlier
helping:should have main:research
8.May I ask for volunteers?
9.Raphael has been practicing karate since the age of ten
10.Your hard work will not be wasted
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:16pm
6. You're missing a helping verb.
7. Wrong main verb
9., 10. Missing a helping verb
- English - Jerald, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:44pm
6 the helping verb is will
7 main started?
9 my helping is has and my helping for 10 is will
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:56pm
6. will be
You have one correct helping verb, but 9 and 10 each has 2 helping verbs.
- English - Jerald, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:58pm
Has been and will not for 9 and 10
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:59pm
has been -- yes
9. will be
Please note that not is an adverb and never a helping verb.
- English - Jerald, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 7:01pm
Do you mean 10 will be? Since 9 is has been
- English - Blank, Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 5:46pm
I had this same honeworj, help a lot
Answer this Question
- English - I have a verb packet and I need the answers to B. Helping verbs and ...
- grammar - directions: rewrite the 2 sentences as 1 sentence by combining the ...
- english HELP HELP - I HAVE TO UNDERLINE THE MAIN AND HELPING VERBS AND PUT ...
- grammar - what is main verbs and helping verbs
- ELA - Can you name 24 of the helping verbs? Most sources only list 23 helping ...
- English - 9.Raphael has been practicing karate since the age of ten helping:has ...
- English - I feel stupid for not knowing these but I can't figure it out! So in ...
- English - 1. He refused to help me. 2. He rejected to help me. 3. He dislikes to...
- test - grammar --verbs ) a helping verb is the verb that help the main verb make...
- English Launguage Arts 6th feet - Does anyone know a website that i can go and ...