Posted by Katherine on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 1:59pm.
These are “plug-in-the-number” tasks to familiarize you with the
main formulas that link the physics concepts of this chapter. They
are one-step substitutions, much less challenging than the Think
and Solve problems that follow.
Average speed !
total distance covered
34. Show that the average speed of a rabbit that runs a distance
of 30 m in a time of 2 s is 15 m/s.
35. Calculate your average walking speed when you step
1.0 m in 0.5 s.
change of velocity
Here is the example practice question but Im not sure how to work it out,perhaps this is more specific?
- Physics - Steve, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 2:25pm
keep in mind that if there is very little data provided, the formulas involved will be relatively simple.
Always keep track of the units. That way you will know whether you are manipulating the various quantities correctly.
speed is distance/time. so, since you are given a distance and a time,
speed = 30m/2s = 30/2 m/s = 15m/s
1.0m/0.5s = 1/.5 m/s = 2m/s
as for acceleration, just as speed is change in distance over elapsed time, acceleration is change in speed over elapsed time.
So, if a runner increases his speed from 10m/s to 20m/s in 2 seconds, the acceleration a is
a = (20-10)m/s / 2s = 10/2 m/s^2 = 5m/s^2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics,Question ,Solved but about Units? - These are “plug-in-the-number” tasks...
- sCiEnCe - Can you define speed, motion, constant speed and average speed? And ...
- Static Electricity. 11th Grade Pre-AP Physics - Hi everyone! I need some help ...
- Physics - 1. A person runs 800. m at an average speed of 6.00 m/s and then the ...
- Math - I have trouble solving distance rate problems. I have a worksheet that I ...
- physics--drwls - A record of travel along a straight path is as follows: 1. ...
- physics - -Suppose that a person is standing on the edge of a cliff 50 m high, ...
- Math - How would you solve for these word problems in one variable applications...
- science,physics - Jesse Rose walks along a footpath for 6 minutes.She then cuts ...
- physics - In 1954, Roger Bannister became the first human to run a mile in less ...