Posted by Eliza on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 5:23am.
How can absolute value help one to understand the size of a quantity? Give an example. I'll appreciate anyone's help thanks. :)
Basic Math - Damon, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 7:35am
If you start at the origin and walk 100 meters right, you go to x = +100 meters
If you start at the origin and walk 100 meters left, you go to x = -100 meters.
In either case you walk 100 meters.
Basic Math - Hi, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 4:18pm
Basic Math - malori, Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 6:01pm
Basic Math - Anjy, Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 7:27pm
You just take the oppistie number for example if you take -6 and have the opposite if that it would be 6
buttox - stupid, Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 9:20pm
blarglah duh garlswablah
Basic Math - Groter, Monday, November 30, 2015 at 9:50pm
I have no idea....
Basic Math - Ally, Monday, August 15, 2016 at 7:03pm
Let's say you swim downwards 20 ft(going down to negatives) and later you swim up 20 ft(going up to the positives).Either way,you swim 20 ft because that's your absolute value.
Basic Math - Th3 flooper, Monday, October 10, 2016 at 7:49pm
I don't knoW
Basic Math - Izzy, Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 3:40pm
You just use the opposite number for example you can take -6 and it's opposite would be 6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Basic Math - How can absolute value help one to understand the size of a ...
- Algebra - How do you get the vertex of this absolute value? y = -2 |4x - 1| + 16...
- math - Does absolute value n+m= absolute value n + absolute value m for all ...
- math, help - For the following set, which number has the largest absolute value...
- Algebra - I think I am a little bit confused with this absolute value thing. ...
- I think you didnt see my question ^^ help please! - Hi!!! I didn't understand ...
- Alegra 2 - Explain the use of the objective quantity in linear programming.Give ...
- Algebra - Hi!!! I didn't understand these problem, so I was wondering if you ...
- college math - A quantity, W, is directly proportional to X and the square Y, ...
- math !!!!!!please part of a major grade!!!!!! - when in the absolute value of x ...