Posted by Aliya on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:52pm.
I did a chem lab and have to figure out some stuff off of some data I found during the lab
Weight of empty crucible and cover: 19.74 g
Weight of crucible, cover and hydrated salt: 22.74 g
Weight of crucible, cover and hydrated salt after 1st heating: 22.13 g
Weight of crucible, cover and hydrated salt after 2nd heating: 22.56 g
Weight of crucible, cover and hydrated salt after 3rd heating: 21.54 g
Calculate the weight of the hydrated salt.
Calculate the weight of the anhydrous salt.
Chem Lab - DrBob222, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 10:07pm
22.74 g = xble, cover, salt
-19.74 g = xble, cover
...xxxxxx = weight of the hydrated salt.
The rest of it isn't that easy because the data boggles my mind.
First weighing ok. Second weighing--I don't see how it could GAIN weight.
Third weighing--It went down, which is good, but since it changed so much you should have heated it again. The idea is to heat to constant weight.
I would calculate the weight of the anhydrous salt this way; it's the best data you have.
21.54 g xble, cover, anhyd salt
-19.74 = xble, cover.
xxxxxxx = weight anhydrous salt
Chem Lab - Aliya, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 12:57am
Calculate the weight of the water lost by heating.
These are the other post lab questions
Calculate the percentage of water in the hydrate.
Calculate the number of moles of H2O lost by heating.
Calculate the number of moles of anhydrous salt.
Enter the formula of the hydrated salt.(how do i find this)
Calculate the theoretical percentage of the water in the hydrate.
Calculate the experimental error.
Calculate the percentage error.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chem Lab - I did a chem lab and have to figure out some stuff off of some data I...
- Chemistry - Hello, I am having trouble with a question from my chem lab. Here is...
- Chemistry - Weight of empty crucible and cover = 23.104 g Weight of crucible, ...
- Chemistry Lab - In chemistry we are doing a lab that involves crucibles and Mg ...
- CHEMISTRY - is this right? 5. After heating the crucible is set on the lab bench...
- Coordinated Sciences (chem) - Hi guys, so we recently did a lab where we put a ...
- Lab in general - I just read my syllabus for lab and I am kind of shocked at ...
- Chemistry - A hydrated MgSO4 salt, weighing 3.211g, is heated in a crucible ...
- Chemistry - A student recorded the following data for copper sulfate ...
- chem 121 - We did a lab separating out the components of a mixture. One of the ...