Posted by Jerald on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:39pm.
Reach each sentence then underline the intransitive verb. If a sentence has no intransitive verb write none.
1. Tell Rover to lie down and relax.
Lie and down intransitive
2.Lay your cards on the table. none
3.A squirrel got trapped in our attic trapped intransitive
4. I walked all the way to the lake
5.That looks like fun! none
6. my internent connection crashed again
7.gina crashed her go cart
8. I watched a bluebird rise into the sky
watched rise intransitive
9. did you know that warm air rises
10. The moom will be full tomorrow none
am i missing any verbs
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:51pm
1. is tricky. The verb is tell and the subject is the understood subject You.
You tell WHAT? -- Rover
This is a transitive verb.
7, 8, and 9 are also wrong.
- English - Jerald, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:02pm
What do I do in 7,8,9? On 9 is it none?
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:06pm
Yes. The verbs in 7 and 8 are transitive verbs. The verb in the independent clause in 9 is did know. The dependent clause is the direct object -- making it a transitive verb.
- English - Jerald, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:17pm
so 7,8,9 are none since they are transitive
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:20pm
- English - Anonymous, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 10:46pm
That movie started a roit. Is this sentence transitive?
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 12:05pm
The verb is transitive.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - How do I know when to use lay or lie? Thank you for using the Jiskha ...
- English - I'm having trouble with transitive and intransitive verbs. I have to ...
- English - In Japan the hollow stems serve as water pipes. Would the verb in this...
- English - I will try this again. I have to identify the verb and tell if it's ...
- English - I have to identify if the verb is transitive or intransitive. 1.Eddie ...
- English - Read the following sentence. Decide if the verb is used as transitive ...
- English - Bamboo belongs to the grass family. I have to tell if the verb is ...
- English - My last two that are confusing me. Identify verb and tell if ...
- Grammar - I'm working with linking, transitive and intransitive verbs. For this ...
- 6th grade english - Question- These plants thrive in warm climates. My answer ...