Posted by Jerald on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:55pm.
Read each sentence then write each transitive verb. if a sentence has no transitive verb(direct object) write none.
Example: Jamie watered the plants in the sunroom. Answer: watered transitive
1. Molly hammered the final nail hammered Transitive
2.The snow piled up in the yard. none
3.Lawrence petted the floppy eared dog. petted transitive
4.Reporters asked questions after the press conference. asked transitive
5.Have you shown anyone your new painting yet? shown transitive?
6. I wonder why maria looks so happy. wonder transitive
7. I love sunny days like this. none
8. julios parents just opened a restaurant downtown. opened transitive
9. My mom gave me an early birthday present today. gave transitive
10. The cheetah ran across the savannah
I know Ms. Sue already checked 6-10 but those 4 questions are my answers for re-do.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:01pm
7 and 10 are wrong. The others are right.
- English - Jerald, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:03pm
7. love transitive
I dont know 10 is it none?
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:14pm
7 is correct.
10 -- the verb is ran and you're right it is not transitive -- so "none" is the right answer.
- English - Jerald, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:18pm
Can you explain how 10 is none and 7 isnt
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:24pm
You can often find the direct object by asking WHAT after the verb.
7. I love -- WHAT? -- sunny days
Love is transitive since it has a direct object -- days.
10. Cheetah ran -- WHAT?
Ran is not transitive since nothing answers the question WHAT? There is no direct object.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Reach each sentence then write each transitive verb. If a sentence has...
- English - When the servers arrived, Jack gave them the information on today's ...
- English - Read the following sentence. Decide if the verb is used as transitive ...
- English - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then, ...
- Grammar - My question is on transitive/intransitive verbs. Here is an example ...
- English - I don't get transitive verbs. In the sentence "Some reach a height of ...
- English - "Most people think of bamboo as a tree or a bush." Is the verb ...
- English - What is the transitive verb and direct object in the following ...
- English - I have to identify the verbs in the sentence and decide if they are ...
- english - 1.Is the underlined verb transitive or intransitive? The pilot STEERED...