Posted by danielle on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:39pm.
james is making fruit juice, using fruit cordial and water.
the label on the cordial says "to make 1 litre of fruit juice, use 200 ml of cordial and 800 ml of water"
james uses 250 ml cordial and 850 ml of water.
is james using the correct proportions?
show working to justify answer.
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:43pm
Let x equal the amount of water needed.
200/800 = 250/x
200x = 200,000
x = 1,000 ml
- math - danielle, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:51pm
sorry do you mind if i just ask you another as i'm really stuck with these questions thanks.
here is a list of ingredients you need to make 20 peanuts. 100g butter
a)list the ingredients you need to make
b) eva wants to make some cookies.
she has bought a 200g bag of peanuts.
a) how many peanut cookies can he make with this bag of peanuts.
b) how much of each of the other ingredients will he need?
sorry for this!
- math - danielle, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 1:58pm
sorry if its so long but could you please explain
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:00pm
I don't know what this means:
"here is a list of ingredients you need to make 20 peanuts. "
- math - danielle, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:07pm
the 100g butter
- math - Anonymous, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:13pm
since she bought 200g peanuts, that's 4 times as much as she needs for one batch of 20 cookies.
So, multiply all the other amounts by 4 to use up all the nuts and make 80 cookies.
- math - danielle, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:16pm
sorry how do you do the start of the question about the 10 cookies and the 50 cookies
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:19pm
Does the problem state the ingredients for 20 cookies or peanuts?
- math - danielle, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:22pm
well the cookies are peanut cookies
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:42pm
a) Cut the ingredients in half to make 10 cookies.
Multiply the ingredients for 10 cookies by 5 to make 50 cookies.
200/4 = ?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,10% is pure fruit juice.how many ...
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,of which 10% I'd pure fruit juice....
- mixture problem - Lisa will make punch that is 25% fruit juice by adding pure ...
- Please Help - A bottle contains 0.5 quarts of grape juice. Keisha will use o.2 ...
- Math Help Please - A bottle contains 0.5 quart of grape juice. Keisha will use 0...
- Algebra - Maggie is making fruit punch. She uses 2 1/2quarts of grape juice and ...
- math - Mrs. Crawford has invested $ 6,000 at 3% interest. How much additional ...
- Math - A recipe for fruit punch calls for 2 1/2 c of orange juice, 1 1/3 c of ...
- Math - John has 4 cups filled with fruit juice.He said that he has a gallon of ...
- Math - Reasonableness John has 4 cups filled with fruit juice. He said that he ...