posted by cheri on .
Very small mercury batteries have been made
and used in a multitude of applications. Why
have they been replaced by other kinds of
batteries for most applications?
1. These batteries cannot generate enough
current for any modern devices.
2. Mercury is poisonous and difficult to dis-
3. Though they may be made very small,
they are far too heavy to use in most applica-
4. Mercury has become far too expensive to
use in batteries.
You need to do two things.
1. You need to write chemistry for the subject and not ap. ap could be chemistry, of course, but it could be history, math, or a variety of others.'
2. You need to give us some idea of what you think the answer is and why. We try very hard to help you do your homework but we don't like to DO all of your homework.
The answer to this question is 2. Hg is difficult to dispose of and it is toxic.