Posted by Amber on Friday, October 5, 2012 at 11:01am.
Muriatic acid is the common name of industrial-grade hydrochloric acid (HCl). One of its uses is to clean or etch concrete in preparation for sealing or painting. It is typically sold in 5.00 gallon buckets, with a concentration of 11.7 M.
a.What volume of concentrated muriatic acid is needed to prepare 10.00 L of a 2.5 M solution?
b.If the entire 5.00 gallon bucket were diluted with enough water to make 100.00 gallons of solution, what would be the concentration of the diluted solution? NOTE: 1 gal = 3.7854 L
- Chemistry - george, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 1:25pm
A compound Contains 14.5g of magnesium and 3.5 g of oxygen. what the mass of oxygen in the compound ?
- muriatic acid--Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:15pm
a. How many mols do you need? That's M x L = mols
Then M = mols/L. You have M and mols, solve for L. You may want to convert L to mL.
b. 5.00 gallons x 3.7854 L/gallon = 18.93 L.
100 gallons x 3.7854 L/gallon = 378.54 L.
Then c1v1 = c2v2
11.7 x 18.93 = c2*378.54
Solve for c2.
I should point out to you that there is no need to convert gallons to L.
If you use
11.7 x 5 gallons = c2*100 gallons you will get the same answer.
- to George - DrBob222, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 3:18pm
I may be missing something but the problem tells you there are 3.5 g oxygen in the compound.
- Chemistry - Synclaire , Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5:37pm
How much energy is required to change the temperature of 210g of h2o from -40oC to 155oC?
- to synclair--Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 8:41pm
You should not post piggy back on another post. Most of the times it doesn't get answered. Go to the top of the page and make a new post.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry-Gases - A common laboratory preparation of hydrogen on a small scale ...
- Chemistry - If you had one gallon of concentrated hydrochloric acid (12 N) and ...
- stomach - Under certain abnormal conditions, the stomach does not secrete ...
- chemistry - Solution A:50cm^3 of 1.0mol dm^-3 hydrochloric acid,HCl Solution B:...
- CHEMISTRY - In a study of the reaction of magnesium with hydrochloric acid, two ...
- Honors Chemistry - I need someone to check these questions. I know its a lot of ...
- Pharmacy Math - A prescription calls for 250ml of a 0.1N hydrochloric acid HCL ...
- chemistry - 2. A researcher is often required to prepare solutions in the lab. ...
- chemistry-0.1NHCl - Hi, A bottle of concentrated Hydrochloric acid (HCl) has the...
- chemistry - Calculate the pH of a [Acid] M aqueous solution of each of the ...