Posted by Bryan on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 9:57pm.
You have to wrap gift boxes for your club project. Each box is 4.5 inches wide, 7 inch long, and 4 inches tall. What size sheet of wrapping paper do you need to cut to cover the
Gift wrap paper comes in sheets which are 30 inches wide and 36 inches long. How should you cut your sheet to make the best use of the paper?
- Algebra - Jennifer, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:03pm
You'll have to calculate it taking into account the different ways you could wrap the box.
If you wrap it around the perimeter perpendicular to the 7inch length, and then closing on the two 4.5x4 faces,you need wrapping paper with a length of
4.5*2+4*2 = 9+8 = 17
7 + 4 = 11
If you wrap it around the perimeter perpendicular to the 4.5 inch side, and then closing on the two 7x4 inch sides, you need wrapping paper with a length of
7*2+4*2 = 14+8 = 22
and width of
4.5 + 4 = 9.5
If you wrap it around the perimeter perpendicular to the 4 inch side, and then closing on the two 7x4.5 inch sides, you need wrapping paper with a length of
4.5*2 + 7*2 = 14+9 = 25
4+4.5 = 9.5
So you have three possibilites to wrap the gift, with sheet sizes
So 25x9.5 is out, because the other two sheets are smaller.
If you use the 22x9.5 size, you could cut three out of each 30x36 sheet of wrapping paper
If you use 11x17, you could cut out 4 out of each 30*36 sheet of wrapping paper
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra Word Plob..PLEASE HELP - You have to wrap gift boxes for your club ...
- Math - You have to wrap gift boxes for your club project. Each box is 4.5 ...
- geometry - You are wrapping a gift box that is 15 inches long, 12 inches wide, ...
- Math - A gift box is 15 inches long, 10 inches wide, and 3 inches high. How much...
- Math - a gift store owner used 9 rolls of wrapping paper to wrap his customers' ...
- MATH - Oscar is giving his mother a new acquarium in the shape of a rectuangular...
- Math - Katie cut out a piece of wrapping paper that was 2 times as long and 3 ...
- math - To needs to cut strip of wrapping paper that are each 9 inches wide.If TV...
- Algebra - Robert wants to buy wrapping paper to cover a square-shapedpainting...
- math - ty needs to cut strips of wrapping paper that are 9 inches wide. if ty ...