Posted by tyneisha on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 8:23pm.
-3K - 8 is less than or equal to 5k .....solve please
ALG2! - bobpursley, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 8:27pm
add 3 k to each side
divide each side by 8
-1>=k or k<=-1
ALG2! - Bosnian, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:58am
- 3 k - 8 < = 5 k Subtract 5 k to both sides
- 3 k - 8 - 5 k < = 5 k - 5 k
- 8 k - 8 < = 0 Add 8 to both sides
- 8 k - 8 + 8 < = 0 + 8
- 8 k < = 8 Divide both sides by - 8
If you multiply or divide both sides of an inequality by a negative number, you must reverse the direction of the inequality sign.
k > = - 1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Please help me with this math - Solve for x. and show your work. -3x+5 less than...
- math - 7. The tennis team is selling key chains as a fundraiser. If its goal is ...
- Algebra - Solve the compound inequality. -9 (less than or equal to) -3x - 9 (...
- Statistics - Let Y be a random number between 0 and 1 generated by an idealized ...
- Algebra 2 - Okay so I need help with basically how to find the domain, range, ...
- Math - Which is equivalent to the inequality shown below? z/2 (less than equal ...
- Math - Tanker boats cannot be in the bay when the depth of water is less or ...
- ap stats - Continuous Random Variable, I Let X be a random number between 0 and ...
- stats - Continuous Random Variable, I Let X be a random number between 0 and 1 ...
- algebra - 2x + 3y is less than or equal to 6 solve b=6c for c The length of a ...