Posted by Beth on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:19pm.
I need help in translating these sentences (lazy)
The master's son used to give money to men in front of the temple.
We will praise the Romans, for their fame is great.
Will you help the sick women?
Report the news to the sailors now.
For a long time, the queen did not desire to give her kingdom to her son.
They will beg the gods for great wisdom and a happy life.
Boys and girls, be quiet and I will tell the people a strange story.
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:33pm
Please let me know what you have done for each of these sentences. Once I see what you have done, I can help you better.
Latin - Beth, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:03pm
1 Domini fili utit dare pecuniam
2 Laudabimus , enim (their) famae est magna.
3 Iuvabone aegrae feminam?
4 Nunti,(news) ad nautam nunc
5 Diu, regina non optabat dare regnam ad filiam
6 Orabunt deum magnae sapientiae et laetae vitae
7 Pueri et puella, tacete et vocabo populus fabulam novam
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:49pm
1. How many sons does that master have? And what about the rest of that sentence? Rethink this sentence in these ways:
Son - nominative singular
master's = of the master - genitive singular
used to give - singular verb in imperfect tense
money - accusative singular
to men - dative plural
in front of - use a preposition
the temple - (the case will depend on the preposition you decide on)
Fix this sentence and let me know what you decide on.
Latin - Beth, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:18pm
Just one but the I thought the I was for the genitive case or it would just be filius?
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:36pm
"Son" won't be in the genitive; only "master's" will needs to be in the genitive. It's the possessive. So yes,
In English, "used to..." is one way we can
translate the Latin imperfect. Scrap having two words, and just use the correct imperfect form of dare for the main verb in this sentence.
pecuniam is right, but I still don't see the prepositional phrase you need to end that first sentence.
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:44pm
Here are two excellent websites to help you:
I'll see if I can find more.
Latin - Beth, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:49pm
Thanks for the help :)
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:53pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Chuchu is a pet dog. His master is an office worker. Master comes back...
- LATIN - Obey the divine law and tell us the truth now! I need help translating ...
- Red River Settlement--Roles of the Women - What jobs did women do in the daily ...
- Women's Issues - I am writing a report for my current events class about women's...
- latin - i need help translating this sentance to latin.. "six safe and favorable...
- history.................im back - 9.all were war efforts on the home front ...
- gr12 math - froma group of 6 ladies and 4 men, determine in how many ways a ...
- English - Can you check if these sentences are possible? Thank you for your ...
- socials - describe roles of women and men in 1950's, give reasons why these men ...
- statistics - In a survey of families in which both parents work, one of the ...