Posted by Taylor on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:06pm.
mr. callaway needs to purchase enough grass seed to cover a 3000 square foot lawn and a 4200 square foot lawn. if 40 ounces of grass seed will seed a 2400 square foot lawn how many ounces does he need to seed both lawns
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:13pm
2400/40 = 60 ounces per square foot
60 * 3,000 = ?
60 * 4,200 = ?
Add the two products.
math - Taylor, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:19pm
the answers are a(20
math -- oops! Sorry! - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:29pm
I made a major stupid booboo! Forget what I posted above.
1 ounce will seed 60 square feet.
3,000 / 60 = 50 ounces
4,200 / 60 = 70 ounces
50 + 70 = 120 ounces
The answer is c.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade (math) - The grass in Jenna's lawn has not grown in too well. She ...
- math - A 25-lb bag of grass seed will cover 1200 square feet. If tour lawn is in...
- math - A pound of grass seed covers 120 square feet of lawn. how many pounds are...
- complex fractions and unit rate - A lawn company advertises that they can spread...
- oz - IT TAKES 60oz of grass seed to seed 2400ft^2 of lawn. at this rate, how ...
- math - a back yard is shaped like a parallelogram with a height of 32 feet and a...
- complex fraction - A lawn company advertise that they can spread 7,500 square ...
- Math - Corey wants to buy grass seed for his yard, which measures 252 square ...
- math - One 15 pound bag of lawn fertilizer covers 350 square feet. Garden Depot ...
- geometry - elbert wants to plant grass seed in his backyard. His yard is shaped ...