Posted by Cora on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:14pm.
Can I have a quick summery of why he opposed the war? I don't want to have to read the whole speech. I need some good quotes from him. I'm suppose to "discuss and analyze the rhetoric and persuasive languages used by the king." What does that mean? What am I looking for?
Please be nice. :) Remember the Golden Rule and we will all be ok. Sorry for those of you that this does not apply to. Thank you everyone for your help. It is much appricated.
Martin Luther King Junior - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:19pm
Andrea/Cora -- since you're in AP English, you must read the entire speech.
Martin Luther King Junior - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:29pm
Sorry -- you said you're in AP history. You should still read the entire speech.
Martin Luther King Junior - Cora, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:41pm
My sister is Andrea, I'm Cora. And This is for English. Not history. And my sister is in AP History, not me. And yeah I did go back to skim the speech. I really still don't know why he opposed the war except that he was for nonvolient acts.
Martin Luther King Junior - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:46pm
Isn't opposition to nonviolence enough?
Martin Luther King Junior -- oops - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 6:10pm
Oops -- Opposition to VIOLENCE is enough to oppose any war.
Martin Luther King Junior - Neil, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 6:12pm
He pretty much followed Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi who wanted to gain freedom without any sort of violence.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP English - I have to read the Grapes of Wrath and find 24 quotes to analyze. ...
- History - Please help if you've ever listened/watched/read the "I have a Dream ...
- Social Studies - When Nelson Mandela received the Nobel Peace Prize, he gave a ...
- english - I have a 5 page essay for an English Class. We have read Martin Luther...
- Social Studies - Toward what audience did Martin Luther King Jr. direct his “I ...
- social studies - Did Martin Luther King Jr have to make his i Have a Dream ...
- Martin Luther King - Hey guys could you help me with a better sentence than this...
- English - In the " I have a dream" speech why does Martin Luther king Jr. use ...
- Social Studies and Literature - 1. How persuasive do you think King's speech is...
- english - In front of which building in Washington, D.C., did Dr. Martin Luther ...