Posted by Helen on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 12:40am.
What is the difference between overpopulation and Consumption overpopulation? What components would you find in an overall plan for sustuinability?
- Science - Jennifer, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 8:19pm
Overpopulation occurs when a population outstrips the available resources to provide a basic standard of living.
Consumption overpopulation occurs when a population outstrips the available resources to provide a basic standard of living, plus an additional consumptive standard. (as an example, Imagine the difference between providing for a society where the average BMI is 20, versus a society where the average BMI is 30)
Components for an overall plan for sustainability would include taking into account all that the society needs to provide for its basic needs, plus other wants that the society does not want to do without.
For example, some countries might be o.k. with public transportation; other countries might not want to give up the convenience of the personal automobile.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - what are some of the cuases of overpopulation in Ethiopia The main ...
- History-Read - This is what I have so far for pro-war diminishes overpopulation ...
- History - How would overpopulation create epademics?
- English Ms Sue - Ms Sue I am stuck between these 2 topics: Social anxiety or ...
- History - Can you please explain this to me the best that you can? GP would ...
- history - how are drought desertification and overpopulation related to darfur?
- Geography - Concerns with low death rates Besides overpopulation
- Biology - What did Darwin believe is the consequence of overpopulation in ...
- History - What does it mean by being "pro-war diminishes overpopulation?
- History-Read - I responded back to your last post that you didn't read. We can't...