Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 5:40pm.
Math word problem: There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class. There are 9 more boys than girls in the class. How many boys and girls are in Mrs. Robert's class.
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 5:44pm
Let x = the number of girls.
x + x + 9 = 25
2x = 25 - 9
2x = 16
x = 16/2
x = 8
math - Shelly, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 5:45pm
suppose the number of girls in class is x
then, the number of boys is x+9
math - abdiaziz, Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 4:00am
math - kai, Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 4:01am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd Grade Math - There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class. There ...
- Math 1350 - Mrs. Smith's classroom can hold at the most 30 students. Her first ...
- math - There are 27 students in Mrs. Reeds class. The number of boys and number ...
- Math - Mrs.Smith's class has 12 girls and 8 boys. What percent of he class are ...
- Math - Mrs coopers 5th grade class has 11 more girls than boys. There are 35 ...
- math - This table shows the numbers of students in different classes that are in...
- algebra - mrs. rays class has 18 girls and 9 boys. mr lis class has 16 girls and...
- math - Mrs. Roberts organized her class into four equal sized teams. Boys make 3...
- Math - can you please help me work on this problem? I have a few and I want to ...
- math - mrs. cooper's class has 11 more girls than boys. there are 35 students in...