Posted by julie on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 3:36pm.
A review of the ledger of Terrell Company at December 31, 2012, produces these data pertaining to the preparation of annual adjusting entries.
1. Prepaid Insurance $18,279. The company has separate insurance policies on its buildings and its motor vehicles. Policy B4564 on the building was purchased on July 1, 2011, for $11,610. The policy has a term of 3 years. Policy A2958 on the vehicles was purchased on January 1, 2012, for $8,604. This policy has a term of 18 months.
2. Unearned Sales Revenue $27,168: The company began selling magazine subscriptions on October 1, 2012, on an annual basis. The selling price of a subscription is $24. A review of subscription contracts reveals the following.
Subscription Start Date
Number of Subscriptions
October 1 250
November 1 312
3. Notes Payable, $46,400: This balance consists of a note for 6 months at an annual interest rate of 7%, dated October 1.
4. Salaries Payable $0: There are 12 salaried employees. Salaries are paid every Friday for the current week. 5 employees receive a salary of $630 each per week, and 7 employees earn $740 each per week. Assume December 31 is a Wednesday. Employees do not work weekends. All employees worked the last 3 days of December.
Calculate the following amounts.
1. Insurance expense
2. Sales revenue
3. Interest expense
4. Salaries and wages expense
- accounting - HAN, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:39pm
Answer this Question
accounting - Your review of the general ledger of Home Interior Improvements and...
accounting - Wilson Reed, the bookkeeper for Home Interior Improvements and ...
accounting - marcum company was started in 2012 when issued a note to borrow $6,...
Accounting - Marcum Company was started in 2012 when it issued a note to borrow...
accounting - An account in a general ledger that summarizes all accounts in a ...
Accounting - When the owner of a company invests his personal funds into the ...
accounting - general ledger entry: sold $700 of merchandise (that had cost $220...
Accounting - Explain the accounting purpose of each general ledger cycle
Accounting Specialized Journals - how to use specialized journals, general ...
financial accounting - Review the annual reports for PepsiCo, Inc. and The Coca-...