Posted by julie on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 3:36pm.
A review of the ledger of Terrell Company at December 31, 2012, produces these data pertaining to the preparation of annual adjusting entries.
1. Prepaid Insurance $18,279. The company has separate insurance policies on its buildings and its motor vehicles. Policy B4564 on the building was purchased on July 1, 2011, for $11,610. The policy has a term of 3 years. Policy A2958 on the vehicles was purchased on January 1, 2012, for $8,604. This policy has a term of 18 months.
2. Unearned Sales Revenue $27,168: The company began selling magazine subscriptions on October 1, 2012, on an annual basis. The selling price of a subscription is $24. A review of subscription contracts reveals the following.
Subscription Start Date
Number of Subscriptions
October 1 250
November 1 312
3. Notes Payable, $46,400: This balance consists of a note for 6 months at an annual interest rate of 7%, dated October 1.
4. Salaries Payable $0: There are 12 salaried employees. Salaries are paid every Friday for the current week. 5 employees receive a salary of $630 each per week, and 7 employees earn $740 each per week. Assume December 31 is a Wednesday. Employees do not work weekends. All employees worked the last 3 days of December.
Calculate the following amounts.
1. Insurance expense
2. Sales revenue
3. Interest expense
4. Salaries and wages expense
- accounting - HAN, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:39pm
- accounting - leslie, Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 2:10am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Financial Accounting - Prepare adjusting journal entries for the year ended ...
- ACCOUNTING - I have to prepare an adjusting entry for Dec 31, 2008 for prepaid ...
- accounting - I have to prepare an adjusting entry for Dec 31, 2008 for prepaid ...
- ACCOUNTING plz help thnx - I have to prepare an adjusting entry for Dec 31, 2008...
- RE: adjusting entry - Can someone help me prepare an adjusting entry for the ...
- Accounting - At December 31, 2007, before any year-end adjustments, Bollis ...
- Accounting - E3-5 Drew Carey Company has the following balances in selected ...
- Accounting - Adjusting Entries - $750 of insurance expense needs to be accrued. ...
- Accounting - On April 1, 2009, the company paid an insurance company $5,000 for ...
- accounting and finance - unadjusted trial balance (December 31,2008): Prepaid ...