Posted by Christian on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 10:40am.
Can you check my answers for me? The answers I picked have a check mark next to them. Thank you.
1. Darwin’s theory of evolution by means of natural selection proposes that changes happen from generation to generation from ____________ of an organism to the environment. (1 point)
B. selective breeding ✔
C. non-living influences
2. Each year a rancher chooses cattle that are bigger and stronger and provide more meat to breed and reproduce in his herd. Cattle that are smaller provide less meat and are brought to market sooner. This is an example of ____________. (1 point)
A. natural selection
C. selective breeding ✔
D. survival of the fittest
3. In the study of genetics, what is the difference between genotypes and phenotypes? (1 point)
A. Phenotypes are the DNA structure of genes, while genotypes are not considered genetic at all.
B. Genotypes are the genetic makeup of the traits, while phenotypes are not considered genetic at all.
C. Phenotypes are the genetic makeup of the traits, while genotypes are not considered genetic at all.
D. Genotypes are the genetic makeup of the traits, while phenotypes are how these genes are expressed. ✔
4. The tool used to predict genetic outcomes is known as a(n) ____________. (1 point)
A. genetic square
B. line graph ✔
C. Punnett square
D. energy pyramid
5. When the last individual of a species dies, that species is considered _____. (1 point)
C. extinct ✔
True or False
6. Recessive traits are always shown in an organism's offspring. (1 point)
If you could please tell me the correct ones, I'd love you forever. I can't get another bad grade or my mother would kill me. Please and Thank you~!
Answer this Question
Biology - check my answers? 1. What is the difference between Darwin's theory of...
Biology I - Charles Darwin- Evolution? 2) Where does variation occur within an ...
Science 7R - HW Check (PLZ read!) - Compare Lamarck's explantion of evolution ...
Science (evolution) - Given Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, what scientific ...
math(check answers please) - PLEASE CHECK THESE ANSWERS compare the pair of ...
Environmental Science - Here is another part of my test that my teacher told me ...
Math HELP - I have my answers at the bottom but please do these questions so I ...
science - Does Charles Darwin have any supporters for his theory of evolution?
math(check answers please) - please check my answers and thanks have a nice day...
math(check answers please) - for questions 1-3,find the sum. 1.5 9/13 + 5 9/13= ...