Posted by catalina on Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:04pm.
1) of the dolls in mo's doll collection,
1/5 have red hair. of these 3/4 have green eyes. what fraction of Mo's dolls
collection have both red hair and green
2) ( Use measurement conversions) find 1/2 of 1/4 of a gallon.
3) Cheryl is organizing her movie collection. if each movie casee is 3/4 inches wide, how many movies can fit in a 5 ft shelf.
can someone please explain and show me how they got their answers??? Thank you :)
- Math 7th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:11pm
1/5 * 3/4 = 3/20
2) Multiply as I showed you above.
60/(3/4) = 60 * (4/3) = ?
- Math 7th grade - catalina, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:19pm
that would equal 45?
- Math 7th grade - catalina, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:20pm
but why would you multiply and then divide?
- Math 7th grade - catalina, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:22pm
I mean 80 not 45
- Math 7th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:23pm
No. The answer to number 3 is not 45. Multiply (60/1) * (4/3).
When we divide fractions, the divisor must be inverted and then multiplied.
- Math 7th grade - catalina, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:28pm
so could you help me with number 2???
- Math 7th grade - catalina, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:29pm
oh sorry my bad thank you ms.sue :))
- Math 7th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:39pm
You're welcome, Catalina.
Answer this Question
- Biology - The observed distribution of offspring was: black-red 1,070; black-...
- 5th grade math word problem - Santa was making up a batch of dolls but could not...
- Mathematiczz (The Problem Solving) - A girl kept every doll she had receive ...
- math - rosario is arranging her doll collection on 5 shelves. the top shelf has ...
- math - IF 7/12 CLASS HAS BROWN HAIR 2/12 HAS RED HAIR ,WHAT FRACTION MORE OF THE...
- Math - A bag of marbles contains only green and red marbles. All of the marbles ...
- math - Designer Dolls, Inc. found that the number N of dolls sold varies ...
- English expression - 1. What color eyes does he have? He has dark brown eyes. 2...
- math - There are x students in Mrs. Schwartz's third-grade class. One less than ...
- math - in a class one quarter of students have blonde hair and brown eyes and ...