Posted by Zayn on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 7:05am.
The ratio of the amount of money Karen had to the amount of money Peter had was 2:5. Peter received $75 from his mother, the ratio became 4:15. How much money did each person have at first?
- Maths - Reiny, Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 8:51am
Karen had 2x
Peter had 5x
after mom's gift
Karen --- 2x
Peter ---- 5x+75
2x/(5x+75) = 4/15
30x = 20x + 300
10x = 300
x = 30
Karen had 60
peter had 150
Karen still has 60 , Peter has 225
60:225 = 4:15
- Maths - METH, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 8:57am
is the answer Karen: $105?
please answer or im shutting down this website
- Maths - METH, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 8:59am
You guys have 5 minutes left!
- Maths - I hate Math, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 9:00am
Is 1 unit 15?
Answer this Question
- Math Ratios - Peter & Sam won some money in a competition. Peter won 5 times as ...
- math - David and Peter had $90 and $200 respectively. They were each given an ...
- math - Web Results For:The ratio of john's money to Peter's money was 4:7 at ...
- maths - john,peter and mary shared a sum of money in ratio 2:4:9.john and peter ...
- maths - Peter had 3/4 as much money as James at first. After receiving $12 each...
- Math - ratio - Mr. Rahim had the same amount of money in his three bank accounts...
- maths - 1. After J spent 3/7 of his money and M spent 1/3 of his, they both had ...
- math - Cecil has a mysterious money machine that will double any amount of money...
- Maths - Three boys shared some cards. Peter had twice as many cards as Farid. ...
- math - Beth & J had $2880. Beth gave 1/4 of her money to J. Then J gave 1/3 of ...