Posted by ladybug on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 11:00pm.
1. find the domain and y-intercepts
2. find the x-intercepts
3. find the real solution of the equation
4. find the horizontal or oblique asymptotes
5. find the x-axis
6. plot the points
- pre-calculus - Reiny, Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 8:03am
R(x) = (x^2 + x - 6)/(x-3)
1. domain: any real number, x ≠ 3
y-intercept, let x = 0, so y = 2
2. for x-intercepts, let y = 0
x = -3, 2
3. x = -3, y = 2
4. After a synthetic division, I got
R(x) = x+4 + 3/(x-3)
So the oblique asymptote is y = x+4
5. "find the x-axis" ????
6. you have to do that.
Answer this Question
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- pre cal - g(x) = x^2 - x -12 / x + 1 I know the division brings it to x -2 + -10...
- algebra - For each of the rational functions find: a. domain b. holes c. ...
- Geomatry - For each of the rational functions find: a. domain b. holes c. ...
- math-please help,need quickly - find the slant asymptote of the graphof the ...
- pre calculus - given the following rational function a. state the domain b. find...
- Pre-Calculus - I want to learn how to find the domain, holes, x-intercepts, y- ...
- Math - Domain and Asymptotes - Given the following rational function: f(x) = (x^...
- algebra - Can someone check my answers on exploring conic sections? 1. Graph x2...
- math - g(x)=(2x^3+x^2-18x-9)/(x^2+x-6) A. Find the vertical asymptotes. b. find ...