Posted by Bryce on Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 7:21pm.
So a direct object is to WHOM or to WHAT. But what does TO WHAT mean?
How do you identify an indirect object>
French - Bryce, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 7:29pm
oh so indirect would be Like :
Give that to HER
or That's IT
French - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 7:29pm
The direct object is identified by asking "to whom or what?"
Consider these sentences with direct objects in boldface and indirect objects in italics.
Please give me another cookie.
Tell us your story.
I love chocolate.
French - Bryce, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 8:40pm
Thanks so much!
French - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 9:15pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Identify the underlined word in the sentence. Write ...
- English-Grammar - Identify how the underlined pronoun in each sentence is being ...
- Grammar - Please check this. 1. We are going to tell John what happened. John= ...
- english - Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. You can learn best...
- english - CHECK MY ANSWERS--- What is the indirect object and what is the direct...
- Check answers please? (grammar) - Can someone please check my answers to the ...
- Grammar - Here are some more- What kind of complement is the word in CAPS? 1....
- english - 9. What kind of complement is the underlined word? Fill the bucket ...
- English - Select the letter of the choice that identifies the underlined ...
- LAC1 - Identify the underlined word in the sentence. Write either D for direct ...