Posted by Shreya on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 7:10pm.
Decide whether each of the following is sometimes true, always true, or never true and explain reasoning.
A. A cubic function has 2 different x-intercepts
^Never true, has to have 3?
B. A cubic function has 3 x-intercepts
^ Always true
C. A quartic function has the range of all real numbers
D. A quartic function has no x-intercepts
E. A quadratic function will have at most 2 x-intercepts
F. A quintic function and a cubic function has the same range
- Pre-Calculus - Steve, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 10:16am
A. sometimes true: x(x-1)^2
B. Sometimes true x^3 ; x(x-1)(x-2)
C. never. It always opens up or down.
D. sometimes true. x^4+1
E. always true
F. true. Always has range of all reals.
Every cubic looks like x^3, and every quintic looks like x^5, with some wiggles around the roots, but in the end they all go from -infinity to infinity.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - a.)If ABCD is a parallelogram, then ABCD is (always true, sometimes true...
- geometry - Is it always true, sometimes true, or never true that the centroid is...
- Calculus theory - Determine if the statement is always true, sometimes true, or ...
- math - Determine whether the statement is always true, sometimes true, or never ...
- Math - Decide whether each statement is always true, sometimes true, or never ...
- algebra - If you have a^ + b^= (a+b)(a+b). Is this always true, never true, or ...
- Math - if a polynomial function is of degree n, then the graph will have n-1 ...
- basic math - Is it always true, sometimes true, or never true that a regular ...
- Geometry - Is it always true, sometimes true, or never true that the ...
- Algebra - A positive integer minus a positive integer is always positive. This ...