Posted by steve on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 7:16pm.
1. Rosa, Roberto, Andrea, and Inno find an estimate for the square root of 10. Who has proposed the best solution?
a. Rosa: "Use the sqaure root of 9 and the square root of 25 to estimate."
b. Roberto: "I will use the square root of 4 and the sqaure root of 9."
c. Andrea: "It should be the square root of 11 and the square root of 12."
d. Inno: "Use the square root of 9 and the sqaure root of 16 to find the estimate."
2. Joy knits a square blanket that has an area of 1,500 square inches. What is the approximate length of each side of the blanket?
a. 16 in.
b. 27 in.
c. 39 in.
d. 42 in.
3. An example of an irrational number is _____.
a. the negative square root of 17
b. the square root of 16
c. the negative square root of 9
d. the square root of 1
4. Which statement is true?
a. Every real number is an integer.
b. Every rational number is a real number.
c. Every rational number is a perfect square.
d. Every integer is an irrational number.
5. As estimate for the square root of 47 is between __________?
a. 4 and 5
b. 5 and 6
c. 6 and 7
d. 7 and 8
6. An estimate for the negative square root of 72 is _____.
8. When a skydiver jumps from an airplane, the distance d in feet the diver falls in t seconds before opening the parachute is given by the formula d = 16t^2. The formula assumes that there is no air resistance. Find the time it takes a skydiver to fall 1,551 ft before opening the parachute. Round to the nearest tenth.
a. 9.7 s
b. 9.8 s
c. 9.9 s
d. 2.5 s
9. What do you do to check whether a number is rational or irrational? In your explanation, use an example of an irrational and a rational number.
10. How does finding the square root of a number compare to finding the cube root of a number? Use the number 64 in your explanation
- math - steve, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 7:20pm
please help beging you plz
- math - steve, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 7:21pm
im just so stressed right now i have ADHD, ADD, OCD. i have ton of work to do
- math - Steve, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 7:29pm
see answers confirmed or correct in your first posting of these problems.
- math - that person, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 1:15pm
2. 39 in
4. every real number is an integer
5. 6 and 7
6. -8.5 most likely or its 8.1 not sure
theirs some of them you can find the rest :D
- math - someone, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 12:02pm
the answer to number 6 is 8.5, doing this assessment now
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:33pm
I cant figure out number 8
- math - person who needs help lol, Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:38pm
I cant figure out number 8
Answer this Question
Math - 1. Rosa, Roberto, Andrea, and Inno find an estimate for square root 10. ...
7th grade math Ms. Sue please - 2. Shelly sews a blanket that has an area of 170...
Math To: Reiny - This is one whole question: (12) (10xy^3) (3x^2y^2) (5x) (2y) ...
math - What does it mean to have the sqaure root of 5 with a 2 in front of it? ...
algebra - 1.)correct 2.)wrong---> the first term is wrong 4(3a^2)^2 = 36a^4 3...
7th grade math Ms. Sue ASAP please - Ms. Sue, sorry to keep bugging you with ...
Math - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 divide ...
Math Ms. Sue - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 ...
Math - What are the solution sets of the following 3 problems,the square root of...
Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...