Posted by Emily on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 3:49pm.
Which sentence contains a helping verb?
A. The group of small children startled the ducklings.
B. I walked to the movie theater.
C. A small snake slithered across the yard.
D. Sophia will be taking swimming lessons for the first time.
English - Bryce, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 3:52pm
D. BE is a helping verb.
English - Emily, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 3:57pm
English - Bryce, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 3:58pm
Anytime! Remember that helping verbs are NOT action verbs.
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 4:23pm
Bryce and Emily -- you forgot WILL is also a helping verb.
English - Bryce, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 4:27pm
So WILL BE would be the helping verbs? Two in one!
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 4:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pratical English - Can someone check over my answers please. 1. Which sentence ...
- English - Posted by John on Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 9:21pm. We see a ...
- English - When an adverb modifies a verb with a helping verb, the adverb should ...
- English - 13. When an adverb modifies a verb with a helping verb, the adverb ...
- English - 4.)Which word or phrase is closest in meaning to the word unanimous? a...
- precalculus algebra - Diane is a manager at a small movie theater. On Wednesday...
- English - 6.)Which of the following sentences contains a verb that is correctly...
- English - I need help identifying verbs in a passive and active voice. 1. Masai...
- English - Identify the correct sentence. A. The suspicious man in the black ...
- critical thinking - Which of the following is not a primary sentence pattern for...