Posted by Mel on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 10:39am.
1. Use the general journal to journalize the following transactions completed during July of the current year.
2. Post from the general journal to the general ledger. Using the following steps.
a. A. Write the current year and July 1 in the Date column. (The account title, Cash, and account number, 110, have already been recorded in the heading of this page.)
b. Write the word Balance in the Item column.
c. Place a check mark in the Post. Ref. column to indicate that this entry is forwarded from a previous page, rather than posted from the general journal.
d. Write the debit balance amount in the Balance Debit column for your Assets and Net Asset accounts. Place the credit amount in the Liability accounts.
e. Follow this procedure whenever it is necessary to open a new page for a general ledger account.
3. Prepare a report using the information from the general ledger. The report is provided on the first page of the template spreadsheet.
4. On July 28, John Doe, M.D., received a bank statement dated July 26. The following information is obtained form the bank statement and from the records of the business. Prepare a bank statement reconciliation. Use the form listed in the template packet.
a. Bank Statement balance as of July 26
b. Outstanding deposits:
Nos. 21, 23, 24, 25, and 26
Bank service charge
Checkbook balance on $4,250.00
Check Stub No. 27
5. Prepare trial balance from information presented on ledgers.
6. Prepare income statement.
7. Answer the following questions
a. Was the office profitable during the month of July?
b. What would you suggest to the office manager to curb expenses and boost revenue?
c. What strategies would you use to ensure your Accounts Receivables balances observed?
Answer this Question
college - accounting/// which journal would be used if you returned merchandise ...
accounting - A company uses a sales journal, purchases journal, cash receipts ...
accounting - Your review of the general ledger of Home Interior Improvements and...
Accounting - Redmon Company uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash ...
Accounting - how and what do I post from the cash receipts journal to the ...
accounting - Hutton Company uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash ...
accounting - How formulate your transcations on a general journal then post it ...
Accounting - how do i do adjusting entries on a general journal Thank you for ...
Accounting - How would I journalize the following statement: Paid July rent for ...
accounting - Invested $105,000 cash, office equipment with a value of $6,000, ...