Posted by D on Monday, September 24, 2012 at 8:50pm.
The volleyball court -if it id 80 ft long and 50 ft wide, how would you find the dimensions of the court? Explain please! Remember that I am a 6th grader. Please don't give me a 10-12th grade answer.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 8:53pm
You've already given the dimensions: 80 ft long and 50 ft wide.
Do you need to find the area?
- Math - D, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 8:56pm
I think. I am honestly not sure what to do.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 9:04pm
To find the area, multiply the length times the width.
A = LW
A = 80 * 50
A = 4,000 square feet
If you need to find the perimeter (the distance around), then you need to add all four sides.
P = 2L + 2W
P = (2 * 80) + (2 * 50)
P = 160 + 100
P = 260 feet
- Math - D, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 9:24pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 9:43pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math final studying - an architect is building a model of a tennis court for a ...
- Cincinnati state - The perimeter of a volleyball court is 180 feet, anditswidth ...
- Math - A court is 94ft long by 50ft wide. It has 3 circles each 12ft diameter. ...
- Physics repost - A regulation volleyball court is L = 18.0 m long and a ...
- Physics - A regulation volleyball court is L = 18.0 m long and a regulation ...
- Math - Dear Readers, I am a 6th grader that recently took a math test. I got a ...
- math - .) An architect is building a model of a tennis court for a new client. ...
- math - in super bowl XXXV, the total number of points scored was 41. the winning...
- Criminal Justice - I am trying to find original court locations for a few famous...
- English - 1. I usually play basketball in the basketball court. 2. I play golf ...