Posted by lilman on Friday, September 21, 2012 at 11:49am.
the spreadsheet shows the monthly revenue and expenses for a new business.use the models to predictt the month in which revenue will equal expense.
month revenue expenses
jan 4000 22,000
feb 9000 24,000
mar 13,000 25,000
apr 16,000 27,000
may 21,000 30,000
Would someone please help and explain how to figure this out.
This is all I'v come up with and am not sure which one is the right answer or how you get to this point.
If only someone could explain
algebra - Steve, Friday, September 21, 2012 at 12:12pm
do a least-squares fit to find the best lines for r and x:
r(m) = 4100m + 300
x(m) = 1900m + 19900
for month #m.
So, r=x when
m = 98/11, or 9: September
r(9) = 37200
x(9) = 37000
algebra - jj, Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 4:07pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Accounting - O' Hara Company began operations on December 1, 2011. Presented ...
- Microeconomics - Am I calculating the Marginal Revenue when you get the quantity...
- accounting 100 - The following items are taken from the financial statements of ...
- accounting - 40. The following items are taken from the financial statements of ...
- business and finance - The revenue for a sanwich shop is directly proportional ...
- business - . George Wilkins checked the spreadsheet where he keeps track of his ...
- accounting - O' Hara Company began operations on December 1, 2011. Presented ...
- Finance - The prince Albert Corporation has forecasted the following sales for ...
- accrual basis accounting vs. cash accounting basis - Can someone please check my...
- Accounting help - I'm trying to make an income statement...for sales revenue out...