Posted by lilman on Friday, September 21, 2012 at 11:49am.
the spreadsheet shows the monthly revenue and expenses for a new business.use the models to predictt the month in which revenue will equal expense.
month revenue expenses
jan 4000 22,000
feb 9000 24,000
mar 13,000 25,000
apr 16,000 27,000
may 21,000 30,000
Would someone please help and explain how to figure this out.
This is all I'v come up with and am not sure which one is the right answer or how you get to this point.
If only someone could explain
- algebra - Steve, Friday, September 21, 2012 at 12:12pm
do a least-squares fit to find the best lines for r and x:
r(m) = 4100m + 300
x(m) = 1900m + 19900
for month #m.
So, r=x when
m = 98/11, or 9: September
r(9) = 37200
x(9) = 37000
- algebra - jj, Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 4:07pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business - . George Wilkins checked the spreadsheet where he keeps track of his ...
- uop - Benjamin O'Henry has owned and operated O'Henry's Data Services since its ...
- Statement of Business Income - Benjamin O'Henry has owned and operated O'Henry's...
- business and finance - The revenue for a sanwich shop is directly proportional ...
- Following Month income statement - "Customers are billed when serviced and ...
- Accounting - I have no clue where to start with this, can someone help and ...
- alg - A clothing company uses the expressions that follow to estimate revenue ...
- accounting - Benjamin O'Henry has owned and operated O'Henry's Data Services ...
- accounting - Andy Wright, D.D.S., opened a dental practice on January 1, 2008. ...
- accounting - Assignment Please prepare the homework problems in the form of a ...