Posted by tiyan on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:58pm.
1. What makes “The Seafarer” an elegy?
a.It celebrates the speaker’s faith in God.
b.It describes a strong and fearless traveler.
c.It focuses on feelings of loss and mourning.
2. What is the fate of the speaker in “The Wanderer”?
a.He must endure a perilous journey.
b.He is forgotten by his lord and comrades.
c.He cannot be forgiven by his family.
3. What mood is conveyed by the words, “I am all longing,” in l. 29 of “The Wife’s Lament”?
4. Which of the following sentences displays an incorrect use of interjections?
a. No I have not told Laura about the surprise!
b. Great! I will make a reservation for the restaurant right away.
c. Well, now that I think about it, maybe we should choose another date for the dinner.
5. Which of the following is the denotative meaning of the word child? a. young person
c. little one
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:59pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- english - tiyan, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:07pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:15pm
I agree with your answers. :-)
- english - Ms.Chell, Friday, September 21, 2012 at 5:03pm
you had 1-4 right but #5 was A.., but i agree with every thing else.
- english - Natasha, Monday, September 16, 2013 at 3:46pm
I got 5/5 (100%).
- english - Sarahhhh, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:45pm
I agree with Natasha and I got a 100
Answer this Question
grammar - Identify each pronoun's case. In "The Seafarer," the old mariner tells...
English - 1. I think he is honest. -That makes two of us.(I agree with you.) 2. ...
math-English - 1. 2+3=5 Two plus three is five. Two plus three makes five. 2. ...
English - 1. I don't like this movie at all. 2. That makes two of us. 3. That ...
English - Colors of Our Friendship Friendhip is full of colors; Red is action; ...
English - What makes our earth sick? - Steel cans make the earth sick. - Shampoo...
english - You say in english The French drinks a lot of wine. The Swiss makes ...
English - 1. It is five stops from here. (What does 'it' refer to? Is 'for' ...
English - Sometimes Mom makes chow mein. Would the predicate be sometimes makes ...
English - 1. Why are you worries? 2. What makes you worried? (Are both the same...