Posted by tiyan on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:58pm.
1. What makes “The Seafarer” an elegy?
a.It celebrates the speaker’s faith in God.
b.It describes a strong and fearless traveler.
c.It focuses on feelings of loss and mourning.
2. What is the fate of the speaker in “The Wanderer”?
a.He must endure a perilous journey.
b.He is forgotten by his lord and comrades.
c.He cannot be forgiven by his family.
3. What mood is conveyed by the words, “I am all longing,” in l. 29 of “The Wife’s Lament”?
4. Which of the following sentences displays an incorrect use of interjections?
a. No I have not told Laura about the surprise!
b. Great! I will make a reservation for the restaurant right away.
c. Well, now that I think about it, maybe we should choose another date for the dinner.
5. Which of the following is the denotative meaning of the word child? a. young person
c. little one
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:59pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
english - tiyan, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:07pm
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:15pm
I agree with your answers. :-)
english - Ms.Chell, Friday, September 21, 2012 at 5:03pm
you had 1-4 right but #5 was A.., but i agree with every thing else.
english - Natasha, Monday, September 16, 2013 at 3:46pm
I got 5/5 (100%).
english - Sarahhhh, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 9:45pm
I agree with Natasha and I got a 100
zoo - Harambe, Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 5:17pm
english - Tamika, Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 11:23pm
Why do you have the wrong answer for the first answers
english - Katie, Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 6:00pm
Tamika, it's just a comment. If you read them all, you'd know that the first answers posted are wrong and that the ones by Natasha are correct. :)
english - Katie, Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 6:03pm
I think it's funny too that if somebody reads the actual question, then looks at the answer choices; They'll know that 5 is incorrect because they're looking for the denotative meaning (dictionary definition), which would be "young person" and not "brat". haha.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Hey I need my answers checked to see if they're right. These answers ...
- English - The old stone bridge across Rugen Bay is one of my favorite places to ...
- english - change to reported speech speaker a: eih she is coming! speaker s:who...
- ethics - Which of the following does Viktor Frankl claim that the prisoners in ...
- English 4 - Sonnet 43 is mainly about A. the death of the speaker's beloved. B. ...
- English 10 - How do you identify the speaker’s purpose? A.by listening to the ...
- english - Need Help Please..!!! During the Victorian period, there were many ...
- English - Read the following line from Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Raven”: “Quoth the...
- Spanish - Where is ese abrigo located with respect to the speaker? a. on the ...
- English - I need to use the SMELL(speaker, meaning, emotion, language, layout) ...