Posted by Hannah on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10:53pm.
y=1.5 + 76.95t-(1/2)(9.8)t2 = 303.6
I am not sure how to arrive at this answer. I am confused because there is a t and a t^2. Thank you for your help!
- Math(Please check, urgent) - Reiny, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:20pm
Use the quadratic formula.
You be able to do work of this nature you MUST have learned how to solve a quadratic equation.
- Math(Please check, urgent) - Hannah, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:37pm
Yes but I always set it up incorrectly.
so [76.95 +/- sqrt (76.95^2 - 4(4.9)(-1.5)] / 9.8
Did I set this up correctly?
- Math(Please check, urgent) - Reiny, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:46pm
-4.9t^2 + 76.95t - 302.1 = 0
4.9t^2 - 76.95t + 302.1 =0
t = (76.95 ± √(76.95^2 - 4(4.9)(302.1))/9.8
see if you can get t = 18.856 or -3.252
what happened to your 303.6 in the opening equation?
- Math(Please check, urgent) - Hannah, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:53pm
I was using this equation as an example to try to help myself understand something but I think I may have set it up incorrectly. What I am trying to do is find the y max of a projectile using the equation y = yo + (vo sin Q ) t -1/2gt^2.
I keep plugging in my values for the angles and vO but I cant seem to get y.
- Math(Please check, urgent) - Hannah, Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 12:01am
Please disregard. Thank you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The sum of three consecutive integers is 303. If n is the smallest of the...
- Math.. help. - A bungee jumper leaps from the top of a building that is 420 feet...
- math check - Peform each indicated operation and simplify. Can you please check ...
- Math - Covert 0.1515 to a fraction. I'm not sure how to do this but I do know ...
- math - 1 1/2 * 3 1/5 = 1 1/2 = 3/2 3 1/5 = 16/5 Multiply numerator and ...
- English - Which of the following is a complex sentence that contains a dependent...
- math/urgent - PLEASE tell me how you are supposed to come to the answer to this...
- Math (Check) - The equation y = a^x is a decreasing function a = 1) 1 2) 2 3) -3...
- Math 112 Please my last chance - Can you use the numbers 1 - 9, along with any ...
- chemistry PLEASE HELPPPP - 10.0 grams of carbon dioxide and 20.0 grams of oxygen...