Posted by bob on .
1. From Thomson's work, which subatomic particle do you think he would feel are most important for the formation of compounds? Why?
2. Of the remaining two other kinds of subatomic particles, which do you think would take second place in importance? Why?
3. Give three models that explain Thomson's findings and evaluate them. Include what his findings were.
1. The Thomson model consisted of electrons imbedded in a + charged "pudding" or a soup of + charges. Therefore I would think + charges would be the most important in bonding.
2. Second place would go to the electron since the neutron wasn't discovered until about 30 years later.
3 You should be able to deduce this from your text/notes.