Posted by Alex on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 3:53pm.
A factory can produce two products, x and y, with a profit approximated by P =
I think it's b but I'm not really sure. Can someone show me how to do this or let me check my answer? :)
14x + 22y – 900. The production of y can exceed x by no more than 200 units. Moreover, production levels are limited by the formula x + 2y ≤ 1600. What production levels yield maximum profit?
a. x = 400; y = 600
b. x = 0; y = 0
c. x = 1,600; y = 0
d. x = 0; y = 200
- math - Steve, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 4:04pm
y <= x+200
x+2y <= 1600
Surely (0,0) will not yield maximum profit!
If you evaluate p(x,y) at the line intersections, you will find
p(0,0) = -900
p(0,200) = 3500
p(400,600) = 17900
p(1600,0) = 21500
- math - abdul , Monday, October 1, 2012 at 4:08pm
x = 14,y = -2
- math - Potato, Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 10:33pm
- math - Rach, Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 3:07pm
- math - Obama, Monday, October 19, 2015 at 2:33pm
d a d
- math - brooke, Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 3:56pm
Idiots. The answer was C [x = 1,600; y = 0], not B.
- math - Sophia, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 1:17pm
Just took the quiz they are
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - a factory can produce two products, x and y with a profit approximated...
- Algebra (Need help desperately) - I really dont understand these.. can someone ...
- Algebra (Please check) - PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS (: I just want to make sure I ...
- maths - A factory produces two products A and B using raw materials p and q. It ...
- Math 221 Week3 - A distribution center receives shipment of a product from three...
- Math 221 - A distribution center receives shipment of a product from three ...
- Trig - Dalco manufacturing estimate that its weakly profit, P, in hundreds of ...
- business math 141 - Two machines turn out all the products in a factory, with ...
- Physics - please, I really need this - Show mathematically that a diverging lens...
- Economics - Maybe today someone will help!! Please:) There are two firms who ...