Posted by Rachel on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 3:08pm.
Find the coordinate of the midpoint of a segment with the endpoints at –9 and 6.
- Geometry - Steve, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 3:37pm
the midpoint is halfway between the two values.
The difference between -9 and 6 is 15. (That is, 6 - (-9)) Half that difference is 15/2. So, add half the difference to the smaller value:
-9 + 15/2 = -3/2
or, subtract half the difference from the larger value:
6 - 15/2 = -3/2
Or (and this is a much better and simpler way), a value halfway between two other values, a and b, is their average: (a+b)/2
(-9+6)/2 = -3/2
So, choice B is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A line segment on a number line has its endpoints at -9 and 6 find ...
- geometry - if a pointis onthe perpendicular bisector of a segment,then it is:A. ...
- Geometry - Find the coordinates of the midpoint of a segment having the given ...
- math - 1.A line segment on a number line has its endpoints at -9 and 6 find the ...
- Geometry - 11. PB is a line segment on a number line it has endpoints at -2 and ...
- Geometry - Line pb is a line segment on a number line. It has endpoints at -2 ...
- geometry - find the midpoint M of the segment with endpoints[1,10] and [-13,-6].
- Geometry - Find the midpoint of the segment with the given endpoints. M(–2, 1) ...
- geometry - Find the midpoint of the segment with endpoints 8, 3and 2, 12 .
- geometry - The coordinate of the midpoint of segment AB is (-3, 2). Find the ...