Posted by Kati on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 7:35pm.
I have some questions and answers. Can you please go over them and let me know how I did on it?
1. When a manager performs symbolic duties as the head
of an organization, that manager is called a
A. spokesperson. C. leader.
B. figurehead. D. liaison.
2. What is one characteristic of the Industrial Revolution
A. The farming society grew to greater numbers.
B. The movement lacked an adequate means of
C. Inventions allowed industries to locate in new areas.
D. Water and horse power were important elements of
Questions 3 and 4 are based on the following information.
The controlling-authoritative manager believes that most employees donít like to
work and will work at the required level of productivity only if theyíre forced by
threat of punishment.
3. What theory of management does this statement describe?
A. Theory X C. Systems theory
B. Theory Y D. Contingency theory
4. What management theory was proposed in contradiction and opposition to this theory?
A. Theory X C. Systems theory
B. Theory Y D. Contingency theory
5. A manager who groups related activities together and assigns employees to perform
them is performing the management role of
A. controlling. C. leading.
B. organizing. D. planning.
6. Henri Fayolís greatest contribution was
A. the piece-rate system. C. time-and-motion studies.
B. the Gantt Chart. D. the functions of management.
7. The process of deciding the best way to use an organizationís resources to produce
goods and services is known as
A. leadership. C. management.
B. allocation. D. planning.
8. What is the best way to determine if the receiver of your message correctly
understands the message?
A. Ask the receiver if he or she understands the message.
B. Speak clearly and distinctly.
C. Study the receiverís body language.
D. Ask the receiver to explain what he or she has heard.
9. Semantics refers to the meaning of words, while perception refers to the _______
A. hearing C. interpreting
B. receiving D. sending
10. Selecting the first alternative that meets a decision makerís minimum standard of
satisfaction is called
A. satisficing. C. minimaxing.
B. optimizing. D. aspiring.
11. The latest demographic information shows that the United States is becoming
A. older and more diverse. C. younger and more diverse.
B. younger and less diverse. D. older and less diverse.
12. Which one of the following elements is considered part of paralanguage?
A. Body position C. Eye contact
B. Gestures D. Tempo of speech
13. Frederick W. Taylor developed the philosophy of
A. piece-rate systems management. C. styles of management.
B. scientific management. D. Hawthorne effect management.
14. Three colleagues are discussing the process of brainstorming. Grady maintains that
ideas arenít to be criticized, praised, or discussed during the first phase of brainstorming.
Alice disagrees, arguing that praise for ideas is recommended in the first phase.
Timothy chimes in to point out that the merits of ideas are discussed in phase two, but
that itís OK to criticize ideas in phase one. Who is correct?
A. Timothy C. Grady
B. Alice D. None of the three is correct.
15. Which one of the following tasks is the responsibility of supervisory management?
A. Determining the use of resources
B. Meeting goals established by senior management
C. Setting objectives for an organization
D. Managing production workers
16. Which one of the following functions generally supports an MIS?
A. Decision making C. Brainstorming
B. Data processing D. Problem solving
17. Which one of the following terms is associated with the optimizing approach?
A. Limits C. Rationality
B. Perceptions D. Biases
18. What is one element that Theory Z takes from Japanese companies?
A. Collective decision making C. Authoritative management
B. Individual responsibility D. Contingency management
19. Which one of the following statements about the grapevine is true?
A. Honesty from management can eliminate the grapevine.
B. The grapevine is often accurate.
C. The grapevine exists only among nonmanagement personnel.
D. The flow of information on the grapevine follows organizational hierarchy.
20. What was the main conclusion drawn from the Hawthorne studies?
A. Constant supervision is required for keeping employees on task.
B. Laissez-faire style management increases production and improves
C. Giving special attention to a group of employees changes their behavior.
D. Employees are more effective when left alone to perform tasks.
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:11pm
I checked your first 11 answers and believe that the following are wrong: 1, 2, 7, 9.
Please check your book for these questions.
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Kati, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10:28pm
Thank you Sue,
I'll get over it again.
What about the rest? Does that seem to be ok?
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10:41pm
I haven't checked the others.
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Kati, Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 11:17am
I rechecked everything and put in the answers and passed. thx for the help!
- When to start wedding dress shopping - When to start wedding dress shopping, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 4:19am
I feel like its a silly question lol, but when did you ladies start dress shopping?<br><br>
Just to ensure you have enough time to allow for alterations and I guess to allow time to order things in...other things I havent considered, etc haha. Whats a good time frame to work with?
Ive been engaged since late Aug 2012, and the wedding will be Feb 2014, at first I thought id wait until about mid 2
- Help me choose my dress!! - Help me choose my dress!!, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 6:23pm
I have done a bit of shopping around and internet hunting and found I really rea
- Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress? - Am I the only one who doesn&amp;amp;amp;am, Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 8:53pm
We're most likely getting married outside, and around late morning. Even though it's a wedding...to me, a big white gown doesn't fit with the surroundings/situation. <br><br>
There are another reason why I don't really want a big white gown either. I don't wear dresses very often but when I do I always buy quality. Wedding dresses seem to be too expensive for the quality they a
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Hou2020, Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:33am
Does anyone know if the answers listed are correct? Thank you for your help!
- Business Management-Principles of Management - sonbeach, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 1:26pm
9,12,16,20 are wrong
- Business Management-Principles of Management - kyle , Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 7:10pm
Can anyone post the correct answers base on their grades
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Jdrew, Friday, January 30, 2015 at 1:57pm
all are correct, except 9 which is C, 16 which is B and 20 is c. Just got a 100 on the test
- Business Management-Principles of Management - WB, Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 4:54pm
I second Jdrew on his answer
- Business Management-Principles of Management - Nasty Nate , Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 6:51am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Management - When a manager performs symbolic duties as the head of an ...
- principles of management - when a manager perform symbolic duties as the head
- Business Management - I need answers for penn foster principles of management ...
- Principles of Business - You are planning to open a sporting goods store in your...
- business - Discussing the future of management, Manager A maintains that we can ...
- business - Disussing the future of management, Manager A maintains that we can ...
- business - According to the Managerial Grid, which basic style of management has...
- management - Explain the principles of Mary Parker Follett's human resource ...
- business - You work in the Human Resources department of your organization. You ...
- RES/351 - Identify a management dilemma you face at work or at an organization ...