Posted by Anonymous on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:37pm.
Dinitrogen oxide (N2 O) gas was generated
from the thermal decomposition of ammo-
nium nitrate and collected over water. The
wet gas occupied 124 mL at 21◦ C when the
atmospheric pressure was 752 Torr. What vol-
ume would the same amount of dry dinitrogen
oxide have occupied if collected at 752 Torr
and 21 ◦ C? The vapor pressure of water is
18.65 Torr at 21◦C.
Answer in units of mL
science; AP Chem - DrBob222, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 3:07pm
P1V1 = P2V2
P1 = (752-18.65)= ?
V1 = 124 mL
P2 = 752
V2 = solve for this.
science; AP Chem - Anonymous, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 11:20pm
oooh okay, i didn't know how to do an equation that involved vapor pressure. Thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - When the metal sample reacts with acid, the gas evolved will be ...
- Chemistry - KClO3 decomposes in the presence of MnO2 to form oxygen gas, ...
- chemistry - A 0.0677 g sample of magnesium metal reacted with excess ...
- Chemistry - A sample of oxygen is collected in a 387 mL container over water at ...
- AP Chem - a 4.22 gram sample of copper II sulfide was added to excess ...
- Chemistry - The volume of a sample of a gas collected over water at 32 Celsius ...
- chemistry - The volume of a sample of a gas collected over water at 32 Celsius ...
- Chemistry - The oxygen gas emitted from an aquatic plant during photosynthesis ...
- Chemistry - Three of the primary components of air are carbon dioxide, nitrogen...
- chem help - A sample of methane gas, CH4 was collected over water at 25 degrees ...