Posted by Jordan on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 9:11pm.
The moon is about 240.000 miles from Earth. What is this distance written as a whole number multiplied by the power of ten?
- 5th grade math - Danny Pham, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:29pm
How long does the retraction of the moon from the earth?
- 5th grade math (Jordam) - PsyDAG, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 12:35am
2.4 * 10^5
- 5th grade math (Danny) - PsyDAG, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 12:37am
First, if you have a question, it is much better to put it in as a separate post in <Post a New Question> rather than attaching it to a previous question, where it is more likely to be overlooked.
- 5th grade math - Steve, Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10:21am
the answer as given is the correct scientific notation, but the question wanted a whole number times a power of ten.
That would be 24*10^4
My guess is that the real exercise does not specify a whole number, but a number n such that 1.0 <= n < 10.0
- 5th grade math - shaniy, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:29pm
I don't no can u help me
- 5th grade math - Charlie , Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 5:14pm
The moon is about 240.000 miles from earth. What is this distance written as a whole number multiplied by a power of ten
- 5th grade math - Noah, Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 3:48pm
what is dis answer
- 5th grade math - Cc, Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 5:27pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Alegbra - Suppose it takes 3 days for a space vehicle to travel from earth to ...
- geometry - A total solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the earth ...
- Math, Geomertry - A total solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the...
- Algebra - The diameter of the moon is about 3476 kilometers. The distance from ...
- Algebra Word Problem - I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!!! Suppose it takes 3 days ...
- science - The pull of gravity keeps the Moon in orbit around Earth. The distance...
- Physics - The average distance separating Earth and the Moon (center to center) ...
- math - THE DISTANCE FROM EARTH TO MOON IS ABOUT 22^4 MILES . THE DISTANCE FROM ...
- Physics - Some people believe that the Moon controls their activities. The Moon ...
- Math - Suppose it takes 3 days for a space vehicle to travel from the earth to ...