Posted by Amy on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:23pm.
The sum of two numbers is 26.4. One number is five times the other number. Find the numbers.
But, I could be wrong and I don't know where to go from there.
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:31pm
5y + y = 26.4
6y = 26.4
y = 26.4/6
y = 4.4
Let's see if that's right.
4.4 + (5*4.4) = 26.4
4.4 + 22 = 26.4
- Algebra - Amy, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:35pm
thanks! that's really helpful
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:43pm
Remember that you had the right start. :-)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - One number is 4 times another. If the sum of their reciprocals is 5/36...
- Grade 8 Math - Can you write them in Mathematical/numbers form I'll solve them ...
- Algebra I - The sum of two numbers is 15. Three times one of the numbers is 11 ...
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- Algebra - One number is 6 more than another. If the sum of the smaller number ...
- Algebra I - The sum of three numbers is 147. The second number is 4 more than ...
- Math(Algebra) - How would you set this problem up and work it: The difference ...
- math - The sum of two numbers is 25. Twelve less than four times one of the ...
- Math - Actually, i made a mistake. All though we still came up with the right ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...