Posted by Angel on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 1:40pm.
I having problems converting my answer to just cm.
Average Velocity = 1 m/s
Water per day = 6,000 m^3/day
Want to find the diameter of fluid flow.
I am using the equation:
D = sqrt(4*q)/(pi*v)
q= volumetric flow rate (6,000 m^3/day)
v= velocity (1 m/s)
when I solve I get 87.4 m^2/s*day. How do i change it do just cm?
- Math & Chemistry -hmmm - Steve, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 3:48pm
I think there's a problem here
sqrt(4q) is sqrt(m^3/day)
v = m/s = sqrt(m^2/s^2)
so, D is sqrt(m^3/day * s^2/m^2) = sqrt(m-s^2/day)
sec^2/day will resolve to just sec, so
D is sqrt(m-s)
If you want just meters, you have a problem. YOu need to multiply by sqrt(m/s)
Sure that it's not
D = sqrt(4q)/(pi*v)^(3/2)
- Math & Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 4:09pm
I'm not sure how to solve this problem actually. My instructor just said flow area * velocity = volumetric flow rate. Find the diameter.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry/Math - I went to my teacher numerous times. I'm still not using the ...
- Chemistry/Math - If a doctor tells you to drink 1 liter of water per day, answer...
- Chemistry/Math - I'm not sure how to approach this problem. The teacher wants ...
- Chemisty/Physic - How can I find the pipe diameter when given the velocity = 1 m...
- Math - A company manufactirung snowboards has fixed costs of $200 per day and ...
- Math grade 7 - The city treasury began with $1,100,000 at the beginning of the ...
- Science - I have no idea what to do, and the teacher wants the volumetric flow ...
- College Math - The number of visitors to your business website increased at a ...
- Economics - A monopoly firm faces a demand curve given by the following ...
- Math - Suppose that humans walk about 10,000 steps per day on average. Your ...