Posted by Dottie on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 4:39am.
The ratio of the length of a parallelogram to that of its breadth is 7:4. The length is longer than the breadth by 746.1 cm. Find the perimeter of the parallelogram
- Math Ratios - Steve, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 10:47am
l/b = 7/4
l = b+746.1
so, since l = 7/4 b,
7/4 b = b+746.1
3/4 b = 746.1
b = 994.8
so, l = 1740.9
check: 1740.9/994.8 = 1.75 = 7/4
- Math Ratios - Reiny, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 10:51am
l:b = 7:4
but l = b+746.1
4(b+746.1) = 7b
2984.4 = 3b
b = 994.8
l = 994.8 + 746.1 = 1740.9
perimeter = 2l + 2b = .....
- Math Ratios - Yoda, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 2:27pm
they are right
- Math Ratios - Jomir Josef, Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 9:00am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math,Ratio - the length of a rectangle is 6times as long as its breadth. a.) ...
- Math - the perimeter of a rectangular field is 140m. If the length is increased ...
- Mathematics - the perimeter of a rectangular field is 140m. If the length is ...
- Maths - A rectangular field is 100m by 80 m.find the ratio:length to its ...
- Math - the distance between the center of symmetry of a parallelogram and its ...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 7cm more than its breadth.If the perimeter ...
- mathematics - the perimeter of a rectangular field is 140m. if the length is ...
- Math - A rectangular paddock has an area of 240mē. Find the breadth if the ...
- math - the lenght of a rectangle is twice its breadth. if its perimeter is 18cm...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 8 metres less than twice its breadth. If ...