posted by Pat on .
If A, then B is equivalent to If not B, then not A
Not (A and B) is equivalent to not A OR not B
Not (A or B) is equivalent to not A AND not B
Can you give an equivalent statement to
1. If an Iowa farmer does not grow corn or beans, then he grows alfalfa.
2. It is not true that both Baghdad and Iraq are countries.
3. If my nephew is playing BB tonight, then I am going to the game.
4. If it is cold in Iowa, then I turn up the thermostat.
5. If I crack black walnuts for the bird feeder, then many birds come back often to feed.
6. If the sun does not shine, then Jane does not draw the blinds shut.
It would be an equivalent statement