Posted by henry on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:06pm.
1.Oparin and Haldane hypothesized that the Earth's early atmosphere was strongly (2 points)
2.The most significant outcome of the Miller and Urey experiments was that they (2 points)
synthesized living cells from nonliving matter.
disproved the iron-sulfide world hypothesis.
proved that life did not originate on Earth.
synthesized organic molecules from inorganic molecules. ~~
3.It is hypothesized that RNA may have evolved before DNA because RNA molecules (2 points)
were the first molecules synthesized by Miller and Urey.
are more important to genetic inheritance than DNA.
can catalyze a variety of biologically important reactions.~~
are found in more modern cells than are DNA molecules.
4.The evolution from vesicles to true cells was best facilitated by the development of (2 points)
a membrane separating the cell from its environment.
organic molecules, such as carbohydrates and lipids.
self-replicating molecules, such as RNA and DNA.
inorganic molecules, such as nitrogen and oxygen.~~
6.A universal genetic code allows for which of the following? (2 points)
A gene from one species is successfully inserted into another species genome.~~
All organisms to have the same number of genes in their nuclear chromosomes.
The processes of transcription and translation to produce the same proteins in all species.
Descendants of the same common ancestor all have the same chromosomes in their nuclei.
7.Which of the following best supports the endosymbiont theory that present-day eukaryotic cells are descendants of a successful symbiotic relationship between a host cell and an engulfed prokaryote? (2 points)
Chloroplasts and mitochondria replicate in a similar manner as some prokaryotes.
Chloroplasts are necessary for photosynthesis reactions in plant and bacteria cells.~~
Mitochondria and chloroplasts are able to produce ATP molecules to be used by the cell.
Mitochondria use proteins and nutrients produced in other regions of the eukaryotic cell.
- AP Biology - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 8:39pm
a, b, c, e, v,d
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology/Chemistry - During a “perm”, disulfide bonds can be broken and reformed ...
- Biology - _____________provided significant sources of energy on early Earth, ...
- chemistry - In the reaction 2HNO3(aq) + Cu(s) + 2H+(aq) ¨ 2NO2(g) + Cu2+(g) + ...
- physic - During fair weather, an electric field of about 100 N/C points ...
- Biology - I don't know any info an the first semester and midterms are tomorrow ...
- CHEMISTRY HELP !!!! - Assuming the following reaction proceeds in the forward ...
- science help PLS - Which of the following correctly describes a way in which ...
- chemistry - Reaction 1: Cu (strongest reducing agent) I- Ag Br- (weakest ...
- biology - Properties of life and recognizing living and nonliving things What ...
- biology - All of the cells are in the very early stages of embryonic development...