Posted by jay on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 11:29am.
Can someone check my work please.
1. Which of the following statements about American Romanticism is not true?
A)Romanticism in American literature stemmed from Romanticism in British literature.
B)Romanticism valued imagination and emotion over reason and intellect.
C)Gothic short stories are a subgenre of American Romanticism.
D)Love is the primary theme in the literature of American Romanticism.
2. Transcendentalism, a subgenre of American Romanticism, was based in which of the following beliefs?
A)the natural and spiritual world are connected(my answer)
B)reason separates man from the animals
the needs of society are greater than C)the needs of the individual
D)American values should align with Greek and Roman values
3. Which of the following authors was not part of the American Romanticism movement?
A)Washington Irving(my choice)
B)Edgar Allan Poe
D)William Wordsworth(my choice)
4. The term subgenre describes a (1 A)broad category of texts.
B)genre within a genre.
C)text that cannot be put into a genre.
D)text that encompasses a mixture of genres.
Which of the words in the following sentence should be capitalized?
5. Who was the first roman catholic president of the united states?
A)Who; Catholic; United; States
B)Who; Roman; Catholic; President; United; States(my choice)
C)Who; Roman; Catholic; United; States
D)Who; Roman; President; United; States
- english - Jayce, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 3:23pm
I just took this assessment and got them all right
- english - jay, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:39pm
Thanks for your help
Answer this Question
- English - Realism differs from Romanticism in that realism: A. focuses on ...
- English 11 - what are then meanings of the elements for American Romanticism?? *...
- English - What genre is "The White Heron"? literary realism romanticism ...
- English - How do I reword the sentence..Now the truth is not opposite but ...
- english - Which literary movement consists of honest and open descriptions the ...
- English 11 A - A. Early American and colonial literature B. American romanticism...
- English - which of the following statements about american romantic poetry is ...
- English Research - Can anyone point me in the direction of informative websites ...
- English 11 - In American Romanticism what does Self-Individuals mean??
- English - 1. A period in literature governed by a particular set of ideas , ...