Posted by mahindu on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 9:09am.
Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm?
Repeated sounds across lines of poetry
a poem's cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum
A collection of lines in a poem
The regular of irregular rhyme scheme in a poem
Which of the following statements about Anne Bradstreet is NOT true? (1 point)
Anne Bradstreet was the first published poet in America.
Anne Bradstreet was born and educated in England.
Anne Bradstreet favored poems with regular rhyme scheme and rhythm.
Anne Bradstreet was never married.
read this poem then answer the questions
To Her Father with Some Verses
Most truly honored, and as truly dear,
If worth in me or ought I do appear,
Who can of right better demand the same
Than may your worthy self from whom it came?
The principal might yield a greater sum,
Yet handled ill, amounts but to this crumb;
My stock's so small I know not how to pay,
My bond remains in force unto this day;
Yet for part payment take this simple mite
Where nothing's to be had, kings loose their right.
Such is my debt I may not say forgive,
But as I can, I'll pay it while I live;
Such is my bond, none can discharge but I,
Yet paying is not paid until I die.
How many couplets are in this poem? (1 point)
Which of the following best describes the main theme in this poem? (1 point)
The writer owes money to her father.
The writer greatly respects her father and the way he has raised her.
The writer does not agree with the way her father handles money.
The writer has repaid her father for his good deeds.
english - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 9:55am
No one here will do your work for you, but if you post what YOU THINK the correct answers are, someone will be able to check your thinking.
english - Alec, Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:41am
# 2 is a
english - duckie, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:55am
Number 2 is D. :)
english - jMWA, Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:28am
What are the answers
english - Kay Wills, Friday, August 15, 2014 at 9:20am
1.a poem's cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum
2.Anne Bradstreet was never married.
4.The writer greatly respects her father and the way he has raised her.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 11 - Not sure: Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? (1 ...
- english - Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? Repeated sounds ...
- English-Poetry - Which of these phrases best decribes rhythm? A.repeated sounds ...
- ENGLISH - 6. The following words share a denotative meaning. Which one has a ...
- english 11 - Read the fallowing Papago song. Identify its purpose. "No talking, ...
- Check please - Which of these is a feature of early American and colonial ...
- Poetry - What is rhyme scheme? (1 point_ The stressed and unstressed syllables ...
- Ed Tech - What is rhyme scheme? A. The stressed and unstressed syllables within ...
- English - Check my answers please?? Match the litter of the author with his or ...
- English - Read the following example. What is the effect of the meter in these ...