Posted by kandy on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 2:03pm.
1.When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to
the southern Colonies staying peacefully connected to the northern Colonies.
the Colonies staying peacefully connected with Great Britain.
the Colonists staying peacefully connected to Native Americans.
Great Britain staying peacefully connected with Europe. ~
2.Which of the following statements about Common Sense is NOT true?
Common Sense was written the same year as the Declaration of Independence.
Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to persuade colonists to fight for independence.
The printing press enabled the wide circulation of Common Sense.
Thomas Paine was hanged for treason after writing Common Sense.~
3.Thomas Paine believed America should be
an asylum, a safe place, for all people.~
a British colony.
a continent of many nations.
a city on a hill.
Asylum is a word with multiple meanings. Read the following sentence from Common Sense.
“This new world hath been the asylum for the persecuted lovers of civil and religious livery from every part of Europe.”
4.In this context, does asylum have a positive or negative connotation?
5.Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to
Revolutionary War soldiers.
colonists in 1776, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. ~
the British monarchy.
women seeking the right to vote.
~ = my answer
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 2:26pm
I agree with all of your answers except 4.
- ENGLISH - no one, Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:17am
wrong on 1 and 4!!
- ENGLISH - wtf, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 12:57pm
all but 1 was right.
- ENGLISH - Finally Finishes, Friday, August 23, 2013 at 10:44am
- ENGLISH - Beth , Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 11:57am
Just took the test. got 3/5
- ENGLISH - Javyiah , Friday, February 7, 2014 at 12:18pm
- ENGLISH - Weylin , Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 6:53pm
Did you get it right Javyiah
- ENGLISH - Noneofyourbusiness, Friday, September 5, 2014 at 1:48pm
Just took it. 100%
- ENGLISH - Random person, Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 8:08pm
Seriously, thank you guys! Wouldn't pass these without you guys!
- ENGLISH - Hidden, Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 11:06am
- ENGLISH - RIZZEH, Friday, September 11, 2015 at 4:59pm
Just took it. 100%
- ENGLISH - Solia, Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 11:10am
you have it right I just too it and the answers are
- ENGLISH - Becky-G, Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:07am
Lesson 7: Earliest Voices: Thomas Paine English 11
- ENGLISH - Anonymous, Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 2:41pm
lol thanks noneofyourbuisness
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ENGLISH 11 - 1. When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring ...
- ENGLISH check - 1.When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring...
- us history - Regarding Thomas Paine's Common Sense... 1. According to Paine, ...
- Social Studies - I need to know how New England Colonies,Middle Colonies, and ...
- US History - How did the British mercantlism prevent the economic development of...
- Government - In which type of colony did strict governors anger the colonists? A...
- History - How does Thomas Paine characterize the relationship between Great ...
- English 3 - When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation he is referring to
- Social Studies - Q:Wrist of assistance enabled British customs officers to ...
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - The American Revolution From 1763 through 1776 ...